We are the first ones to admit…nothing beats coming home to a cool and comfortable home on a hot summer’s day! Air conditioners need regular maintenance by a qualified HVAC technician to ensure that they can deliver the comfort and performance that they are designed for. Seasonal air conditioner maintenance is the most important factor in extending the lifespan and maintaining the efficiency of your central air conditioning system.
Homeowners will often ask us if there are things that they can do themselves to make sure that their air conditioner stays in great shape after our service technicians have done a seasonal maintenance. Here’s a list of our “Top 5 Homeowner Can-Do’s”
- Check your furnace filters regularly.
- Change the batteries in your thermostat regularly.
- Check the inside drain lines to make sure they are clear.
- Keep the condenser (outdoor unit) clear of dirt, vegetation, dryer lint and other debris.
- Don’t ignore any unusual operation of the unit, such as noises, leaks, signs of freezing.
The most common calls that we receive for breakdowns relate to these 5 points. Keeping an eye on your equipment operation is the best preventative measure that you can take to keep things working in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Any questions? Just give us a call. We are here to help!